Spice It Up
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Track and Field Tips and other Track And Field topics.
What can I do to make running more exciting?
- Do you ever get bored with plain old running, for miles on end?
- Do you enjoy running but want to be faster or get in better cardiovascular shape?
Do a few track and field workouts each week, and the difference you'll notice in your muscle tone, strength, stamina, and even metabolism will amaze you. Throw in three track and field workouts per week like these, and you'd be ready to race a 5K in one month.
- 5 x 60 seconds with 60-90 seconds of walking or jogging in between each
- 6-8 times up a hill 200+ meters
- ladder: 200, 300, 400, 500, 350, 250, 150 increasing speed, decreasing rest.