Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about High Jump Tips and other Track And Field topics.
What is a good way to organize high jump training?
Suggested high jump training for beginning or intermediate jumpers:
- Day 1 - 8 x 50m on the track curve
- Day 2 - circle drills, back overs, 5-step scissors, 5-step jumps
- Day 3 - 10 minute run, 4 x 100m
- Day 4 - circle drills, back overs, 5-step hurdle drills, full approach jumps
- Day 5 - simulate competition jumping with bar
- Day 6/7 - 4 step jumps off of a box or ramp, full approach runs with no jumps
5/29/2007 5:45:24 PM
This really works Iv'e been jumping for 7 years and I still use it.
2/18/2009 8:46:52 PM
Terrific, I cannot stress enough how simple yet accurate this is. For beginning high jumpers this is critical.